Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Transition to Fall


 I finished my work at the flower shop. I am no longer a florist, and I can't say I miss it too much. This was the last funeral arrangement I ever made: gerbs, daisy poms, roses, spray roses, gladiolas and hybrid delphinium. I hope it went to a nice funeral service.
 The day after my last day of work at the floral shop I took a plane to Seattle, where I was greeted by Anna Roach. She has a cute studio apartment in the lower Queen Anne District. Here are some Anna things: boxes of tiny items, Anna clothes, tidy bathroom, view from her window, what's in the fridge (blueberries of course!), and friends getting ready in the mirror.





 Anna went to a heavy metal concert, and for kicks decided to dress the part. It was her first metal event, and from what I gathered, probably her last. (We both share a dislike for metal, but seeing that we are attached to metal loving men, we do what can- which in Anna's case means she attended a concert. Sorry Geoff, I don't think you will ever be able to get me to go.)
 While in Seattle, I had brunch with the Roach and Carrs family, including grandparents, aunts, uncles, and a cousin or two. This is the painting I completed for Anna's aunt. It was neat to see it in the actual space it was intended to go, in a beautiful condo overlooking the sound.
 Here's the moment I'd been waiting months for: getting to hold Holden. I went and visited Eric and Lissa in Spokane days before Holden was born, and missed his actual arrival into the world. He is a sweetie, and enjoyed eating the book I gave him (It's supposedly indestructible and designed for babies to gum.)
 Here we are at the Scultpure Park!
 We even got to see special guest, Campbell. So great to see so many wonderful friends!

Now I'm back to these two boys, and back to teaching at the university. Below is a group project my drawing class completed. Let the good times roll!

1 comment:

meg said...

I wish I could be in your drawing class.