Monday, December 31, 2007
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
this is my newest etching. you can see me working on it in the first picture. i did some watercolor on one of the proofs. it's not done yet...i've got to have something to work on for the new year, right? what do you think it should be titled?
Monday, December 17, 2007
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
This hand crocheted blue scarf goes perfect on those blustery wintry days, whether you're looking smart in the studio, flocked in pink, or threatening (scalpel accessory comes separate), this scarf will bring you warmth and elegance for all your winter events.
Vanessa taught me to crochet, then my roommate re-taught me. The picture with the little bunny in it reminds me of some photos I took with Amy Andelin when I was about 10. We put our plastic Breyer's horses in the grass then got really close and photographed them. I still have the photos somewhere.
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
"pretty is as pretty does" etching
I guess I'm not done exploring the issues and characters I created in this print from last year, that is where my new work is departing from. Not sure where I'm going, or even what I'm doing here at graduate school. I just keep making stuff. Oh the journey!!
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
a very serious shopper, as seen here at Goodwill in Seattle,
plus a great sister/friend. Happy Birthday Lauren! I love you!
p.s. i know i can't call you my "little baby sister" anymore. that was the last time. ok?
Monday, November 19, 2007
and I hope your Birthday is FANTASTIC!
your devoted daughter emily
It is cousin Mickey Martin's birthday as well. I snuck into his dorm this morning, and placed a cake on the kitchen counter. I hope he's having a super day.
and here's a preview for Lauren's birthday present! also, I forgot to pass the "survey" onto Erin Fox and Justin Fredin!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
1. ideal place to live: anywhere but provo. ha ha ha
2. jobs i've had: babysitter, kids camp counselor, swim instructor, winco deli worker, book layout, janitor for my dad's office, campus security, currently i'm a student and an art instuctor at a university (sounds impressive, eh?)
3. my junior high, high school, and college years: grades 6-8 were the best years of my life. why? i had a horse named Jane. i had a long pony tail and wore shorts and coyboy boots while riding her in the fields around my house. heavenly. high school was o.k. i was into the beatles, astronomy club, and tyler mcdonald. college has taken a long time: ricks, byu-idaho, western washington, columbia basin college and now byu. feels like freshman year all over again.
4. how did i meet my husband: i was sitting in the library with my nose in a book on edgar degas and he walked past, as he walked by he dropped the pen he was holding, so i picked it up, when our eyes met, i knew. i just knew.
5. describe myself: as of right now i'm extremely pessimistic and i can hardly stand myself. where is that carebear stare when you need it?
6. family: i'm part of the fox family. we are seven siblings. i'm the only one who is 25 at this moment. (years ago i mathematically figured out how sarah (2 years older) and i were the same age, her birthday is in may and mine in august, not accounting for the years between us, i concluded that during may-august we were the same age. it made sense to me at the time. i'm still not a winner in math.
7. my biggest accomplishment to date: i can play the tambourine with my foot.
8. my guilty confession: when walking to downtown in bellingham, i used to walk through the co-op to fill up on the crackers and artichoke dip. i'd take a sample, do a lap around the store and then take more samples, and then just walk out the door, crackers and dip in my mouth, and carrying even more in my hands. that's how i was a part of the 'community' co-op.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Saturday I dined with Ethan, Becki and Jeremy. Steak, Homemade rolls, and raspberry jam. Need I say more? Of course, we did some guitar hero after the exquisite meal. I did alright with Beastie Boys Sabotage. And Ethan is "the only kid who wants his mom to knit," according to Becki. (See Ethan opening the knitting satchel.) Thanks Kendricks, you light up my life!