Wednesday, July 16, 2008

what i've been eating for breakfast all week...

Yes friends, it's ice-cream cake. I made a bigger one for a friend's birthday, and also made myself a little one I could keep in my freezer and pull out for special occasions. Every day is a special occasion, so it seems.
How to make this cake:
Hersheys Deep Dark Chocolate Cake (I used the high altitude recipe) This is a good, easy recipe that makes a very rich and moist dark chocolate cake. I baked the cake in my little 5 inch cake pans. After the cakes have cooled, take the cakes out of the pans, line them with saran wrap and fill them with icecream that has softened slightly. Then, put the icecream filled cake pans in the freezer to harden up...
...Once the cakes have cooled completely, you can slice the cakes in half so they make more layers (with the two cake pans pictured you cake make 2 little icecream cakes), and put a layer of the icecream in the middle that you molded and froze in the cake pan, and a layer of cake on top, then frost with cool whip. I used chocolate flavored cool whip. Before serving drizzle it with chocolate sauce for some added elegance. It's very easy, and very tasty!
And no, this picture doesn't have anything to do with ICECREAM cake, that's Twiggy Cake. This is a still from my art film "The Twiggy Cake," in case you didn't get to see it, click here! (scroll down)

2 comments:

Kori said...

Um, that looks good. If you figure out a way to make it with no milk, eggs, or nuts let me know. All my cakes have to be made that way. :(

Lindsay said...

You will make an excellent dietitian one day. Keep it up!
Oh, also this: I could go for some insanely unhealthy breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. Today.