Tuesday, May 15, 2012

nine mile canyon

 Saturday night I went to pick up Geoffrey in Roosevelt where he had been working in the oil fields. On a whim we decided to do some impromptu camping in NineMile Canyon. It goes from near Roosevelt to Wellington. These are just a few of the petroglyphs we saw. They were so beautiful and I got the chills just thinking about the ancient highway that existed in the area with so many markings and messages written all over it. The first picture shows where we slept (basically in the road). Geoffrey, asleep still, yes he slept in boots and jeans and if you can't tell he basically pushed me off our palette made of a yoga mat and car sunscreen, so I slept in dirt (how could I complain? At least we were together. This working out of town stuff stinks!)   





No comments: