Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What's going on?

 This is what's been going on: This one-week-old special guest, straight from Heaven, slept on my bed for a couple days while her mother was next door sorting through the wreckage of her home (see previous posts.) It's sad but true, the quilt I made for this little angel burned up in the fire. Oh, well! It's just stuff, right?

 This little angel, originally from Heaven, has been spending a lot of time on the couch, leg propped up, and icing. (See picture below.) Also pictured, is our "new" TV. While driving through the residential streets of SLC, we found a huge, and perfectly working television on the side of the road. Let me just say we've been watching a lot of movies lately!
 How did it happen? On a brief evening walk Friday night, while passing a fenced home, Geoff asked me, "Do you think I can jump over this fence?" Honestly, I didn't really care. Geoff is amazing in my book already- high jumper or not. Well, he took off to jump the fence; didn't make it off the ground. This is the ankle he has broken previously, so it's likely to take a long time to heal. 
 Here is another angelic soul: Jessica. She has a great shot! Even from a swimming pool!
Lastly, this is from today. I've been acting very nutty and emotional, and stressy, I need my Mama like a baby horse needs his??.  School starts on Monday. I'll be teaching drawing and 2-D design at Weber State. I've been a nervous wreck preparing for it, and am excited for classes to get started. Let's get this thing rolling! I'm also back at UMOCA this fall, taking the art truck around with a new exhibit from a Latino artist from Texas. I'm excited!

No comments: