Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Artsy or just fartsy?






Don't tell me that you don't fart, pass gas, toot, whatever you want to call it, when you're all alone. Artist studios are no exception. Enough said.


I introduce you to my studio. It's my own downy little nest of creativity. Leaning against the wall is my cardboard box that doubles as a sleeping pad for mid-day napping. It's really nice. Graduate school is a good idea, if for no other reason than studio space and library privileges. Also being "faculty" lets me swim in the pool during faculty swim-yeah!




I also present to you my very first lithograph. After brushing a bunch of chemicals on the stone, then rubbing them off, along with a bunch of other crazy complicated steps, I was finally able to print the image. (printmaking is such a physical process, the class should count for a PE credit!)


Copying the title from erin the print is called "Glory Days."


5 comments:

Emily Fox King said...

commenting on my own blog: wierd. anways, i was looking at the postures and facial expressions of the girl and boy in "glory days," that is exactly me- super awkward in a new place, with new boys. eek.

Chelsea said...

Hey Em, it's Chelsea. You crack me up. I remember seeing you at Rick's college in the middle of the winter in the locker room and you were soaking wet in a swimsuit wearing a homemade knit stocking cap. Weird memory..I know.

debfox said...

it's great to hear from you, emily, and see your space and 'stuff'. i'm glad you are doing what you are doing.

Whitney said...

i wanna come visit your studio--the litho looks great!

S. Schuller said...

Em, love the commentary on gas: yes, it's true. Also, love the studio and the lithograph. You are amazing. The boys are coming, I can tell....