Here is the ballet costume I sewed yesterday for my art project!
How to make a ballet tutu: (great for children and over-sized children like me)
1. sew a piece of thick elastic together to make a waistband the size of the waist you wish to furnish with a tutu.
2. go to the craft store, look in the wedding section, buy the kind of tulle that comes on a roll (it's about 6 inches wide).
3. cut the tulle into strips about 20 inches long.
4. double knot the individual strips of tulle around the waistband, so the tails of the knot form a skirt. Repeat until the skirt is full. Trim it if it's too long.
5. if that didn't make sense, call or e-mail me. Enjoy!