Sunday, August 15, 2010

Central Utah Art Center Exhibit

Friday, August 13th was the opening reception for "ACTION: A Survey of Performative Works by Contemporary Utah Artists" in Ephraim, Utah. It was curated by Adam Bateman and Jason Metcalf. I was honored to be invited to participate in the show, I never really considered myself a performance or a Utah artist before, but I guess it fits. I worked on this box in Boise involving my dad in an elaborate wiring system and having my mom help me with the viewing bench. Inside the box my some of my videos were projected on a miniature movie screen, complete with popcorn-consuming-dolls as the viewing audience. Thanks to my dad, mom, and Whitney for providing me with props, as well as all my other Boise family members for giving me input about the project.

The reception was really fun, I got to reconnect with many of my BYU art friends, as well as see their fine works. The local news channel with the director of the CUAC, Jared Latimer, interviewed me about my piece for the evening news. Also, my mom, Erin, Lauren, Ruby and Galen came down for the festivities. Good times! You can read about it HERE.

1 comment:

Jim/Blog said...

I wish we could have been there!