Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Wind Beneath My Wings

You know it's a bad sign when you're on a date and you're thinking, "I wonder if I listen, validate, give some positive affirmations, then he'll stop talking about himself or is he the type that always talks about himself?" I just want someone to be for me, in the words of Bette Midler, "the wind beneath my wings."

Is that too much to ask? Sister Marjorie Hinckley in speaking about President Hinckley said, "I am very grateful for a husband who always lets me do my own thing. He never insists that I do anything his way, or any way for that matter. From the very beginning he gave me space and let me fly."
I don't do a lot of flying, and I don't have feathery wings. From the picture below you can see that I just have wind-blown hair. Find me a man who likes my wind-blown hair, and I think we've got something.

P.S. I'm going to Idaho this weekend which will include visiting this lovely person:

4 comments:

S. Schuller said...

Em, that post was hilarious! I totally agree you need someone who will let you fly (even if it's just to let your hair fly away!) :) Keep it up. You're going to find the gold!

Kori said...

I love the old pictures you post! Every time I see one it reminds me of when we were kids and when I met you. As far as the man thing goes, I wish I could help. I don't meet too many young single "hot to trot" guys, but if I do I will tell them to go to Provo and hunt you down! It will be worth it when the one who does let you "fly" comes along.

debfox said...

Love the cute girls in the '80's photos! While we're on the topic of hair, is Whitney going to make another book about the Fox family hair dilemmas? Let's ask Lauren to write a song entitled "The Wind Beneath My Hair".

Anonymous said...

It appears as though Whit might be talking to john cusack across the table.